Where to go for a Test?

Where can I get tested?

Hepatitis C testing is available across Scotland and is carried out by doctors and other health specialists at clinics both in the community and in hospital settings. These include:

  • GP Surgeries. Just ask your doctor for a test, or a referral for testing.
  • Sexual Health (G.U.M.) Clinics. Although Hepatitis C is not normally associated with sexually transmitted diseases, all GUM clinics in Scotland offer the antibody test.
  • Drug Dependency Units. Most drug dependency units can offer the antibody tests to patients in treatment or being supported by a community drug counsellor.

Ask at your GP's surgery or local voluntary sector support organisation for contact details of your nearest test centre. Alternatively search the Service Finder for a test centre in your area.

Hepatitis C Scotland


© Health Protection Scotland