I have hepatitis C, what now?

The doctors will need to find out if your liver is working as it should be. Other tests that look for liver damage might include an ultrasound scan, which looks for abnormalities in the liver structure, fibroscan which measures the stiffness of the liver. Doctors will also want to find out which strain or genotype you have, so that they can put you on the right treatment.

Hepatitis C Scotland


© Health Protection Scotland