Testing Centres

Where can I get tested?

Hepatitis C testing is carried out by doctors and health specialists at their clinics or hospital departments. These include:

  • Some GP Surgeries. Just ask your doctor for a test, or a referral for testing.
  • Sexual Health (GUM) Clinics. Although Hepatitis C is not normally associated with sexually transmitted diseases, all GUM clinics in Scotland offer the antibody test.
  • Drug Dependency Units. Most drug dependency units can offer the antibody tests to patients in treatment or being supported by a community drug counsellor.

Alternatively, search the Service Finder on this site for your nearest testing centre.

Hepatitis C Scotland


© Health Protection Scotland